Can you manage and maintain your own website?
We hear time and time again that website owners and managers want to maintain their own sites. And when it comes to search engine optimization it really helps when sites are continually updated with new information and content. Fortunately there are some great Content Management Systems (CMS) out there, one very popular one being WordPress, that allow you to do just that. At Web Net Broadcasting we will build your website using these systems and then train you and your staff to manage the site.
Over the last few years, WordPress has also become the content management software of choice for non-blogging websites. Here are a few reasons why WordPress is so popular and why it is such a great choice for your new website!
- Ease of Use – WordPress is very easy to use and has an intuitive interface. Adding new pages, blog posts, images, etc. on a regular basis is a breeze and can be done quickly.
- Manage Your Website from Any Computer – WordPress is browser-based. That means you can login from any Internet connected computer and manage your website.
- Search Engines Love WordPress Sites – The code behind WordPress is very clean and simple, making it easy for search engines to read and index a site’s content. Using WordPress, each page, post, and image can have its own meta tag keywords, description, and title and be optimized for specific keywords, allowing for very precise search engine optimization.
- A Blog is Built-in and Ready to Go – WordPress was originally created as a blogging platform, blogging capabilities are built-in and are really easy to integrate.
- 1000’s of Plugins are available to Extend the Functionality of Your Website – Want to add an event calendar, video gallery, Twitter Feed, Facebook Fan Box, and more to your site? WordPress makes this possible with plugins, most of which are free or very reasonably priced.
- Your Site Can Grow as Your Business Grows – WordPress sites are very scalable. You can have hundreds of thousands of pages or blog posts on your site and the performance of the site will not be compromised in the least.
- You Have Control of Your Site – No more waiting for your web designer to make simple updates to your site. With WordPress, you have control of nearly every aspect of your site and can easily make those simple updates yourself.
Don’t get us wrong… Web Net Broadcasting is all about customer service and ongoing support. We’ll always be available to help you. But when our clients want to take ownership of their websites, we want them to be comfortable with routinely adding written content, pictures, pages, and all the other things that keep their message fresh and keep their customers coming back.
At Web Net Broadcasting we can educate you more about these new user-friendly website options and if required we can help develop your material including logos, brochures and advertising needs to maintain brand consistency.